- Had such a blast at two new-to-TIOJ festivals: Savannah Stopover and South by Southwest!
- Caught a bunch of shows, including: Ayo Awosika and Caroline Smith, U.S. Royalty, Sam Smith, Jake Clemons, and Boy & Bear.
- Chatted with Jon of Boy & Bear and Daniel of Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Jr.
- Anticipated SXSW with a series of interviews with performers and bloggers, including: The Wild Honey Pie, Sol Cat, Mother Falcon, Indie Shuffle, Ron Pope, and Lily Kershaw.
- Shared an anti-winter playlist with Allie of Wardrobe Oxygen.
And in March, Krista, Kristen, and Stacey were listening to:
"Sur La Planche 2013"- La Femme
I cannot stop listening to this infectious jam from my favorite Frenchies and SXSW discovery!
"Broken Bones and Pocket Change" - St. Paul and the Broken Bones
These gents are SO polite, SO funny, and SO talented. I can't wait to see them live again.
"Wild" - Royal Teeth
This is the most perfect song to get you in the mood for spring... now, if only the weather would listen as well.
"Money On My Mind" - Sam Smith
Sam Smith proved that he is a pop force to be reckoned with this month and despite his altruistic intentions, I'm buying what he's selling.
"Runaround" - Wild Child
Krista and I both fell under Wild Child's spell this month.
"Washing Dishes" - Jack Johnson
After loving "Banana Pancakes" for so long, another kitchen-themed song from JJ is a definite yes.
"I Wanna Get Better" - Bleachers
This song is so catchy and fun and is making me craaaave sun-filled top-down summer drives.
"Paris" - Black Atlass
"Paris" is a poignant reminder of just how much I miss France.
"Love Like Jesus" - PawnShop kings
These guys make me miss the south. A lot.
"All That I Know Is (I'm Your Baby)" - Caroline Smith
I fell in love with Caroline Smith this month. She is a doll and her album is perfection.
"Flawless Executioner" - Christopher Paul Stelling
CPS's voice is a force to be reckoned with. If you don't get chills listening to this, you're not human.
"Keep Your Eyes Open" - NEEDTOBREATHE
What a perfectly happy and optimistic tune from long-time playlist faves.
"All Of The People" - Panama Wedding
This song has been in my head since the first day of SXSW and I'm more than okay with it.
"Million Dollar Bills" - Lorde
As far as life mottos go, this is definitely a fun one.
"You Must Be Crazy" - Jake Clemons
Although I am predisposed to love anything associated with Bruce Springsteen, Jake Clemons sure is a talented dude, and this song will definitely be on all of my summer playlists.