- Went to a bunch of shows, including: Alpine and Empire of the Sun, The Shilohs, Sylvan Esso and Volcano Choir, Lord Huron and Alt-J, and ZZ Ward, The Wild Feathers, and James Bay.
- Got to go to Made in America Festival and Freefest 2013.
- Were very chatty and talked to Matt Hires, Goldroom, and James Bay.
- Teamed up with Carlene over at Healthfully Ever After to make a workout playlist.
- Celebrated KRISTEN's and KRISTA's birthdays!!
"The Walker" - Fitz and the Tantrums
lovelovelove hearing these guys featured on commercials more and more often!
"Look What They've Done To My Song" - Miley Cyrus
This song is so stripped down and raw, perfect for reminiscing about Miley 1.0.
"Lungs" - CHVRCHES
This band gets better each time we see them and I can't enough of the heavy synths in this song.
"For Those Below" - Mumford and Sons
Nothing says fall to me like the wonderfully folky sounds of Mumford and Sons.
"When We Were On Fire" - James Bay
After his charming interview, how could we not be smitten?
"Hold On We're Going Home" - Drake
My go-to shower singing song for the month of September.
"Wrecking Ball" - The Gregory Brothers
I'm not sure if this is blasphemous or not, but I much prefer this version to Miley's...
"Agape" - Bears Den
Where have these bearded fellows been my whole life?
"She Lit A Fire" - Lord Huron
Lord Huron's wonderful campfire-ready set at the 9:30 Club was the perfect start to my birthday celebrations!
"Room for Two" - Second String Band
so so happy to find a DC bluegrass band!
"Blurred Lines" - Vampire Weekend
I'll take "Blurred Lines" anyway I can get it--but this VW cover is especially kicky.
"Fashion Killa" - A$AP Rocky
I was slightly upset to not be at NYFW this year, but this song definitely soothed my FOMO.
"Save the Last Dance for Me" - The Drifters
saying goodbye to last year's crew from PS22 was tough, but with a new school year comes the next group of kiddos!
"Bitch, I Love You" - Black Joe Lewis
The song title says it all.
"Elevate" - St. Lucia
Leave it to St. Lucia to come out with another impossibly catchy and weekend-ready tune.
Listen to this playlist on the go on Spotify!